Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Rain, Rain and more RAIN!

Not much to write about. We have had lots of rain, which we needed some. I have been commuting to work in the Quest and stayed dry of course. I bought my wife a recumbent trike this week. It's a folding model with all 20 inch wheels. Of course we had to go shoe shopping to get her some cycling shoes. After just two shops and trying on LOTS of shoes we found her a pair. Women are more fussy when it comes to shoes. I won't say any more in case she reads my blog. After the Brevets are over we should get out cycling together more.
            We did our first 300 km Brevet on Saturday. It was our south route. A small group of just 5 left at 6:00 am in the rain. We had a head wind of course. The group was all experienced riders except one lady who was doing her first 300 km. I stayed with the group until after Lunch at the 150 km control. After that I went at my own pace. I got back to the last control at 7:08 PM. The Garmin tells me I did 10 hours and 38 seconds of riding. The rest of the time was used up at controls or eating. I didn't get any pictures as I forgot to charge the camera battery. Next week we do the second 300km Brevet on the North route. It was fun doing the ride in the Quest. I was dry, the ride was easy, and I had my music to listen to. I have to eat and drink more next week as I ride. I was down 3.5 pounds when I got home.
             That is about it for this week.
Greetings from Canada....
               Kevin

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very respectable time for that distance Kevin! Congrats! I've been trying to talk Kathy into a recumbent. I think she's going to be more expensive - even though she already has the shoes. She wants something with a shell and electric assist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin,

    I agree with Yellowmobile, it's a very respectable time indeed! Congratulations from me too! It sure will be nice to cycle with the wife when it's nice weather. We do so as well, but my wife never cycles more then 10 km, and she uses electric assist on the climbs.
    Succes on your next 300 brevet!

    Greetings, Adri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. My wife has a job in a office so she finds she is putting on some weight now. The bike riding will help but if she wants to commute she will need to get in better shape. Maybe next year for her. I would have to get an electric assist for her if I live near Adri. :).

    ReplyDelete